The A. Eric Arctander Grant for 2019
THE A.ERIC ARCTANDER GRANT FOR 2019
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
• The purpose of the GRANT is to support a VISUAL ARTIST.The application process begins March 15, 2019. All submissions are due by July 15th.
• The scholarship stipend is $1,000.00 and will be awarded by August 15th, 2019.
• Work of the selected artist will be shown at the discretion of the Putnam Arts Council at the Belle Levine Arts Center, Mahopac, New York.
Who Can Apply:
• You must be a visual artist, 25 to 45 years old, involved with one or more of the following areas: Drawing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Mixed Media (2D) and (3D), Installation Art and Sculpture.
• The grant can be used for exploring materials, techniques and direction for your personal and professional, artistic development.
• You must be a resident of eitherDutchess, Westchester or Putnam County in New York State.
• You must have an e-mail address.
• Questions: ask at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Award Process
Evaluation and selection of Awards Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria: Artistic merit based on the quality of work submitted and on the applicant’s written intent to expand on their artistic development..The selection of the award will be decided by a panel of arts professionals. All materials and information involved in the selection process are kept confidential and are viewed by the panelists. Materials not meeting the submission guidelines, will render an application ineligible.
Decisions will be e-mailed to all applicants approximately one month after the deadline date of July 15th 2019. A payment of $1,000 will awarded through the Putnam Arts Council. The award is subject to verification of information submitted and proof of residency in one of the three counties specified. A sample of the artist’s work will also be requested and included in a show at the Putnam Arts Council in the fall of 2019.
General Submission Information
Work submitted must have been created between 2014 and 2019. Panelists are asked to evaluate work based on the materials submitted. Poor quality submission materials could affect the panel’s evaluation. Your website with additional artwork is important but only supplemental to the images that must be submitted by the artist.
Online Application Requirements to be completed at:www.entrythingy.com/d=
For assistance contact: email@example.com
Application Guidelines: Fill in all required fields at this website. Only entries thru this website will be considered.
See items 1-5.
1.Provide a personal artist’s statement of 400 words or less.
2. Provide the purpose of the scholarship and how it will advance your development in the arts.
3. Provide a one page summary of your professional and educational art background.
4. Provide Five (5) images to be submitted using the following specifications. You must list Size, Medium and Title for each.
Image size: 1240 pixels x 1240 pixels maximum, 300dpi resolution.
File size: no larger than 4 MB each.Image Format: JPG or JPEG only.
5. Applicant must also include their website for any additional artwork and documentation of their work.
6. Upon selection, the 2019 winner will be asked to submit a valid Soc. Sec. number and Proof of age &